Having a guaranteed lifetime income (your paychecks) during retirement can help you cover your basic living expenses, so you can focus on what’s left — the playchecks.
In this episode, J. Barry Watts speaks with retired U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel Tom Hegna, who is now a retirement expert, best-selling author, public TV host and international speaker. Together, they share ways to build reliable sources of retirement income and minimize risk.
Colonel Hegna discusses:
- Key takeaways from his books “Paychecks and Playchecks” and “Don’t Worry, Retire Happy!”
- The benefits of insurance (and why people should not see it as something negative)
- How insurance companies differ from banks (in light of the Silicon Valley Bank fiasco)
- Why retirees should always consider long-term care in their financial plan
- And more
- “Paychecks and Playchecks: Retirement Solutions for Life” by Tom Hegna
- “Don’t Worry, Retire Happy! Seven Steps to Retirement Security” by Tom Hegna
- “The Secret to a Happier Retirement: Friends, Neighbors and a Fixed Annuity” by The Wall Street Journal
Connect With Tom Hegna:
Connect With Barry Watts:
- Schedule an Introductory Call
- LinkedIn: J Barry Watts
- LinkedIn: WealthCareCorporation
About Our Guest:
Tom Hegna is an economist, author, and retirement expert. As a former First Vice President at New York Life, retired Lieutenant Colonel, and economist, Tom has delivered over 5,000 seminars on his signature “Paychecks and Playchecks” retirement approach, helping baby boomers and seniors retire the “optimal” way.
Tom specializes in creating simple and powerful retirement solutions. He has the unique ability to pump up a crowd, make people laugh and solve complex financial problems using easy-to-understand words, ideas and stories. He’s been featured in Business, Forbes, Money Rates, and many other leading publications. He is available to speak with businesses, government organizations, professional associations, financial professionals and their clients across the globe.